Making applications before the hearing date
The claimant may also need to make applications or requests to the Refugee Protection Division before the hearing date. The rules say that applications must be made at least 10 days before the hearing date. Here are some examples:
- Application to file evidence late
- Request to join or separate claims
- Request to testify in the absence of a co-claimant
- Application to be identified as a vulnerable person
- Application to appoint a designated representative.
If the hearing is less than 10 days away, the claimant should get legal help. Time limits can sometimes be extended.