For more legal information, visit the CLEO website and Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Making changes after the application is submitted

Applicants should report any change of address or telephone number to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) right away. They can do this online.

Applicants must also inform IRCC of any changes in family status, such as marriage, divorce, or the birth of a child. This has to be done in writing.

If an applicant gets married after they submit their application but before they are granted permanent residence, they can add their spouse to the application.

If an applicant’s child is born outside of Canada after the application is submitted, and the child’s mother is already included in the application, the child can be added to it as well.

Last updated: Nov 1, 2017


All taxonomy terms:

All taxonomy terms: Letters

All taxonomy terms: Forms

All taxonomy terms: Fees

All taxonomy terms: Timelines

All taxonomy terms: Inadmissibility

All taxonomy terms: Proof of identity

All taxonomy terms: Applying for OHIP

All taxonomy terms: Special hearings