For more legal information, visit the CLEO website and Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Serve your documents on the Ministry of Community and Social Services

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on

<p>If your child support or spousal support payments go through a social services agency, such as Ontario Works (OW) or the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), it means your support is paid or <strong>assigned</strong> to the agency. The social service agency is called the <strong>assignee</strong>. Your support payments go directly to OW or ODSP, and they pay you the full amount of social assistance even when support is not paid.</p>

<p>If this is your situation, you <strong>must</strong> include the agency in the court process and in any agreements you make to change your support order.</p>

<p>If you don't serve the agency or get its consent, the agency can ask the court to set aside the new order that you get. This means the court says the new order shouldn’t be followed. The court can also order costs against you. This means that you may have to pay some of the agency’s costs for asking the court to set aside the order.</p>

<p>To find out if your support is assigned, fill out a <a href=" of Assignment</a> form and fax or mail it to the Ministry of Community and Social Services.</p>

<p>Your form is processed within 3 working days, then mailed or faxed back to you. If your support order is assigned, it will tell you which agency has to be served.</p>

<p>You serve your documents on an agency the same way you serve your partner. See <a href=" your documents</a> to learn how to do this.</p>

Anchor Hash Name: 


All taxonomy terms:

All taxonomy terms: Letters

All taxonomy terms: Forms

All taxonomy terms: Fees

All taxonomy terms: Timelines

All taxonomy terms: Inadmissibility

All taxonomy terms: Proof of identity

All taxonomy terms: Applying for OHIP

All taxonomy terms: Special hearings