For more legal information, visit the CLEO website and Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Update your financial statements

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on

<p><a href=""target="_blank">Rule 13: Financial disclosure</a> tells you what a financial statement is, when you need one, and how to fill it out.</p>

<p>If your financial statement is more than 30 days old at the time you have to file or serve it at any stage in the court process, you have to fill out, [glossary:3247]serve[/glossary], and [glossary:3250]file[/glossary] <strong>one</strong> of the following:
<ul><li>A new <a href=""targ... 13: Financial Statement</a> or <a href=""... 13.1: Financial Statement</a>, if there has been a major change to your financial situation.</li>
<li>A <a href=" 14A: Affidavit</a>, if there is no change or only minor changes to the last financial statement you filed. You must include details on all the changes</li></ul></p>

<p>You also have to fill out <a href=" 13A: Certificate of Financial Disclosure</a>. In it you list all the documents that prove why you’re asking for child support, spousal support, or to divide property. You must attach copies of all these documents.</p>

<p>For example, you can include copies of your pay stubs, recent tax returns, and notices of assessment. If you don’t have a copy of your notices of assessment, you can get a copy of your income and deductions statement from Canada Revenue Agency by calling 1-800-959-8281.</p>

Anchor Hash Name: 


All taxonomy terms:

All taxonomy terms: Letters

All taxonomy terms: Forms

All taxonomy terms: Fees

All taxonomy terms: Timelines

All taxonomy terms: Inadmissibility

All taxonomy terms: Proof of identity

All taxonomy terms: Applying for OHIP

All taxonomy terms: Special hearings